10 May 2006

Siding, With My Yard.


Purple Basil in moist soil in a raised bed in the side yard; also other basilses, and cilantro, and sage. Also, weeds. You can see the lengths of lawn, many cubic yards, in the middle distance. Nice siding, to the left. In other photos taken with this one you can wonder, "what was he thinking?," about the way I planted-in these wee ones. It doesn't look like it here, but they are bunched up and other rules were broken, too. But they'll do well.

It is enjoyable and attractive to tear up a few basil leaves when the heat of the food will send the warm odor wafting freshly up. (Can we make a basil mojito?) So I also have a garden-box on the railing outside my kitchen door. As ever, I get what I put in with my gardens, and both sides of that equation are worthwhile and should be made larger.

I want to side with my garden more when I maneuver to do my days.

No comments: