09 May 2006

despite/defiance

It's late and the refrigerator is keeping me company, clearly audible over my pop music.

It's a blog about life in this house. See, I do hope to keep a reasonable and public diary in defiance of my longstanding tendency towards a rather more weird and private one. As such, focus starts with the foundation, and moves to the details.

Been meaning to get over to Clyde's house to ask him for a favor - for him to mow my lawn with his riding deal. Knowing myself, what with recently getting home all relaxed from a month's vacation in Thailand, who knows how long the yards will go uncut? The front yard, both sides and back were all overgrown... until today, that is, when Clyde drove up all on his own and mowed the back yard. From his perspective as kindly neighbor, weren't hard to see it called out for a cutting. He came to my aid. There's still a lot for me to do. I usually have trouble getting the pull-start to work on my push-mower.

Rain. Plantings. Purple Basil, lettuce Basil. Cinnamon Basil. Marseille. Happy tiny basils.

There is the outside, and then inside is something else. Sky is not house. Being warm inside, stretching, being on the couch. Looking around the room, walls need painting, and I daydream about colors. The warm, current feeling is that househould jobs will, get done in defiance of my longstanding tendencies. Despite inside, outside yet gets to be somethin' else.

No comments: